Blog

The Age of Augmented Management

Blog

The Age of Augmented Management

Mindful AI for Meaningful Work

Mindful AI for Meaningful Work

In this digital age, most of us work with advanced technology in some form or another. The typical office worker, and I include myself in that category, uses tools like email, text, Excel, Word, and Slack, among others. The product of our efforts usually includes...

Industry 4.0: It’s about people

Industry 4.0: It’s about people

With all the talk about Industry 4.0, sometimes is difficult to separate the value from the hype. As a standalone term, it can seem like a daunting, gigantic concept that can prompt reactive tactics and spending. The average business might...

Gamifying the Shop Floor (Part 2)

Gamifying the Shop Floor (Part 2)

Keeping employees engaged and motivated, especially in manufacturing, can be a steep hill to climb. We already know that engaged workers perform better than the disengaged – organizations with engaged employees outperform those with low employee engagement by 202%....

Latest Posts

Transforming manufacturing with gamification

  Employers and managers know firsthand how engagement plays a large role in productivity. Troubling, a recent Gallup poll reports that engagement levels in the U.S. hover around 30 percent, leaving 70 percent of us disengaged at work....

Augmented Leadership: Managing with Data

By Martin Cloake Many of the best leaders I know, even the ones in AI technology, make decisions based on gut feel. That intuition is based on a mix of past experiences, biases, and raw confidence, but it often, and sometimes surprisingly, serves them well.  They...

Seeing the Data

Data Scientist. To an outsider, it’s a job title that might not sound so exciting. I spend a lot of time cleaning and organizing data, getting it ready for analysis. It’s important work for our clients though; to be useful, data must be free...

Three Lies and a Truth: Things We Tell Ourselves About AI  

By Martin Cloake In my line of work, I talk to a lot of manufacturers. While I have a background in manufacturing, I still learn from each site I visit. Every company is different, but there are some common misconceptions and questions about artificial intelligence...

Four Steps to Reduce Production Loss

It’s not a gadget or spreadsheet that will help increase production and reduce waste. It’s about having the full picture and strengthening relationships with your team.

Data is Useless (Without this One Important Thing)

They say that only 1% of the world’s data is being used. When I entered the world of manufacturing, I was obsessed with that 1% of data. Convinced of its value, I manually searched the data for meaning and insights to improve the process and...

What Edward Deming Taught Me about Manufacturing

By Kindha Gorman Full disclosure: I am new to the manufacturing scene. In my 20 year-career in communications, I have never had the pleasure of working with manufacturers – until now. When I joined Raven, I had to get up to speed fast. In the...

1.888.637.4443
info@raventelemetry.com

Raven Telemetry
6 Hamilton Ave. N, Suite 003
Ottawa, ON K1Y 4R1

© 2019 Raven Telemetry. All Rights Reserved.

Subscribe To Raven Updates

You have Successfully Subscribed!