Raven.ai and Raventelemetry.com (the “Raven sites”) are owned and operated by Raven Telemetry Inc. (“Raven” or “we”).
It is possible to use the Raven sites without submitting any Personal Information; however, if you want to use certain functionality of the Raven sites, such as scheduling a product demonstration or sending Raven a message, processing of Personal Information could become necessary.
You may withdraw the consent given above by replying to any communications from Raven sent as a result of such previously-given consent.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Canadian private-sector privacy legislation (PIPEDA) uses the term “Personal Information” to refer to information about an identifiable individual or information that allows an individual to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation and is intended to encompass “Personal Data” as defined under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The types of Personal Information that Raven may collect about you include your name, telephone number, email address and other information you may choose to provide through the Raven sites.
Upon request to the Raven Privacy Officer, you may obtain confirmation from Raven as to whether or not your Personal Information are held or are being processed by Raven and you may obtain a copy of your Personal Information held or being processed by Raven.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
Raven collects, uses and discloses Personal Information collected from the Raven sites for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain customer relationships with you or an entity you represent;
- to respond to questions, requests for product information, requests for product demonstrations or any enquiry submitted through the Raven sites and provide follow-up notifications regarding any events, meetings or conferences scheduled by you;
- to understand and respond to customer, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties regarding any such needs and preferences communicated through the Raven websites;
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide Raven products and services;
- to engage in business transactions with you or an entity you represent, including the provision of products and services involving Raven;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and for any other purpose to which you consent.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
From time to time, Raven may disclose Personal Information collected from the Raven sites to:
- service providers, including an organization or individual retained by Raven to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Raven, is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Where do we store your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers located at the facilities of our service providers. You may request a copy of and rectification of inaccuracies of your Personal Information in Raven’s records at any time while such Personal Information is retained by Raven. Raven will endeavour to comply with such requests to the extent such compliance does not jeopardize Raven’s compliance with applicable laws as determined by Raven.
How long do we store Personal Information collected from the Raven sites?
Personal Information collected from the Raven sites is retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. You may request expungement of your Personal Information from Raven’s records prior to such time by contacting the Raven Privacy Officer. Raven will endeavour to comply with such requests to the extent such compliance does not jeopardize Raven’s compliance with applicable laws as determined by Raven.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, Raven employs industry standard administrative and technological safeguards to protect your Personal Information. For instance, access to your Personal Information is restricted to selected employees or representatives of Raven and Raven employs generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, to protect Personal Information from loss and unauthorized access. Although Raven has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of Personal Information processed through the Raven sites, internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, you are free to transfer Personal Information to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone.
Privacy and our Website
Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with services or information, you may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, requesting and scheduling a product demonstration, reviewing or downloading a publication and participating in a seminar, product demonstration or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to Raven as an existing user of the Raven platform, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected in accordance with the applicable Terms of Service of the Raven platform.
E-Mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of Raven. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from Raven.
Links – Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third-party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than Raven, and Raven has no responsibility for such third-party websites.